[3830] IARU AB1J SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 12 06:14:33 PDT 2010

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Waltham, EMa

  160:    0     0       0       0
   80:    0     0       0       0
   40:   81     0      10      17
   20:  127     0      18      19
   15:   33     0       5       2
   10:   13     0       2       1
-------------------------------------

Before I retired last October I always worked Saturdays.  I would take off for
some contests, but never this one, figuring a 24 hour contest in July couldn't
amount to much.  But I was wrong; this turned out to be a lot of fun and I'll
be back more seriously next year.

I went to bed from 1 AM to 5:30 AM, local, and missed the all nighter on 20.
Didn't expect that!

I'm glad the HQ problem has been dealt with, because those stations add a lot
of spice to the contest.

All contacts were S&P, which is pretty normal for me.  I tried running but
couldn't attract any attention.  Generally for my station, I have more luck in
the second half of 48 hour contests when folks are getting desperate for more
Qs.

Thanks to all for a great time.  CU in the NA RTTY QP next weekend. That's when
I become my alter ego Ken.  It's not easy being green.

73,
Kermit, AB1J