[3830] IARU OH0X(OH2PM) SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Jul 13 09:48:36 PDT 2010

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: OH0X
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: OH0PM

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Brando, Aland Is

  160:    69    0       4       21
   80:   302    0      13       26
   40:   424    0      29       28
   20:  1400    0      42       37
   15:   423    0      30       30
   10:    73    0      11       28
-------------------------------------
Total:  2696    0     129      162  Total Score = 2,735,211

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

The Finnish summer has every year two unforgetable events, the Midsummer night
sun and IARU HF Championship Contest. On top of that we have had during the
last few days highest temperatures since 76 years, almost 34 C.

On Sunday both 15 and ten sounded quite anemic, so did the also the operator
after several days on antenna repair work and station setup.

Congrats to Valery, RD3A, for excellent score and very high multiplier number.
I thought to focus on multipliers but Valery beated me more than 30 mults.

I logged only 136 QSOs with the WRTC out of potentially 240 QSOs. On 15 and 10
there are very few WRTC calls in log despite of several wasted efforts. Somehow
the skip did not match

I'll go back to OH0-land again later this week to continue antenna repair
work.
In January ice and snow storms did considerable damages in several antennas.
Hopefully next year both the station and operator are on better shape.

Thanks to all who contributed and hope see you all in the coming up contest.

Pertti, OH2PM