[3830] CQWW VHF ND0C SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 18 13:49:57 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: EN23 - Minnesota

Total:  107    61  Total Score = 6,527

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

This was my first go at the CQ WW VHF Contest - a QRP 6 meter only entry.
Unfortunately the 6 meter propagation here was about as bad as I had
anticipated, based on the last 2-3 weeks.  I didn't hear a single station for
the first two hours of the contest, then things finally started to open up. I
got a lot of QSLs filed and other stuff done in the shack while I was listening
to static.   About half of my operating time was just listening for somebody,
anybody - but I got caught up on some QSLing in the meantime!  I had some good
runs and the rotator sure got a workout while the propogation, what there was
of it, shifted quickly.  QSB was very fast.  But even with the mediocre
conditions, I had fun.  It must be 6 meters!

Equipment: Yaesu FT-897D at 5 watts to a 6M5X (M2 5 el) Yagi at 55 feet

73,
Randy, ND0C