[3830] CQWW VHF KD8NZG Multi-Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 18 15:26:41 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: KD8NZG
Operator(s): KD8NZG, N3RA
Station: KD8NZG

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: EN90

    6:  12     8
    2:   0     0
-------------------
Total:  12     8  Total Score = 96

My son KD8NZG (13 years old) got his license back in May.  This was the first
chance we've had to operate using his call.  We used an old 2 el 6m lightening
bolt quad up about 10' in the air held up by a ladder.  Strong arm rotor.
Dusted off the old FT736R to use and hooked it up to the quad sitting on the
driveway with the radio on the workbench in the garage.  Really enjoyed the
time we had operating together.  He is learning fast and seems to enjoy
operating. Our puny signal managed to work into LA, Fl, SC, MN and some local
grids/states.  He really wants to collect QSL cards, so time to work on that.

Thanks for the 12 Q's and we will see you on the air again soon.

73
Scott, N3RA and Kevin, KD8NZG