[3830] WRTC R33U

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 19 07:50:22 PDT 2010

                    World Radiosport Team Championship

Call: R33U
Operator(s): JK3GAD, JH4RHF
Station: R33U

Class: M/S LP
QTH: 605

   80:   255    14       27         18
   40:   300   144       43         32
   20:   590   416       65         40
   15:   165   187       43         23
   10:    16     9       10         11
Total:  1326   770      188        124  Total Score = 2,021,136

Congratulations to everyone for fantastic scores!
We were not well prepared for such high rate environment......

As everyone mentioned, this WRTC is very good in terms of equality of station
location as all stations are set up within several fields near DME airport. Our
plot, number 605, is visible distance from winning team, RW1AC/RA1AIP, so the
difference of score between us comes from mostly operator's skill and station
set up.

Our station set up is very simple, we decided not to use diplexer/triplexer
just we are worried in case of not working properly and damage radios. More
details are,

Station A
K3/100 with internal DVR, CW keying by DTR line
Acer laptop, Vista, Win-Test
W9XT band decoder board with external relay
W3NQN BPF(Array solutions)
MFJ4125 power supply

Station B
K3/100, CW keying by DTR line
HP laptop, XP, Wintest
K6XX design band decoder
ICE419 BPF
Icom AT500 ATU
DM330 power supply

Six Pack antenna switch
Thinkpad, XP, RecAll Pro + EMU0202 for recording
TX lockout using TX INH line without priority switch, which means both TX may
be disabled if both radios try to TX. :-(

We operated very traditional way, stop running station completely for mult
station to work mult, which not many other WRTC station did.

The most important thing is that we really enjoyed this event. Thanks again to
organizers, volunteers, spectators, ..... for very successful WRTC.

73 de Kazu  JK3GAD/M0CFW