[3830] NCCC Sprint N9NB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jul 23 09:40:40 PDT 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jul 23

Call: N9NB
Operator(s): N9NB
Station: N9NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA

   40:   7      5
   20:  14      8
Total:  21     13  Total Score = 273

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

What great fun! I was able to get on at the last minute from the driveway with a
notebook log from the mobile at the new VA QTH, as we just moved in this week. I
had hoped to rapidly deploy the venerable G5RV from high school days between the
2 towers, but found the packed antenna just minutes before the sprint and
couldn't untangle all the rope knots in time. Should be on next week with a
wire at some good elevation. Manually changing the mobile whip antennas from 20
to 40 was an interesting and time consuming experience.

For some reason, I thought I had read an email earlier in the summer that said
dupes were allowed. Very sorry that I duped so many people-- it won't happen
again. I called N3BB at least 6 times on 20 m and 40 m, but that big Texas
station couldn't hear my peanut whistle mobile.  Thanks to Mike K5NZ for my
only TX qso, and on 40m. Very nice to work the rare states of UT, NH, WY, and
ME.

73 and thanks to NCCC for this fun event. Ted N9NB