[3830] IOTA M3W(G4FAL) SO24Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 26 04:02:42 PDT 2010

                    IOTA Contest

Call: M3W
Operator(s): G4FAL
Station: M3W

Class: SO24Mixed HP
QTH: JO03CI

   80:   177      33     105       20
   40:   270      37     103       33
   20:   587      55     109       40
   15:   182      18      15       11
   10:     2       1       1        1
Total:  1218     144     333      105  Total Score = 2,111,769

Club: Hallam DX Group

Comments:

I operated for virtually the whole 24 hour period and enjoyed mixed conditions
this year. On Saturday, 10m and 15m were very poor but 20m was good. On Sunday,
15m was better and I was also able to find a very few multipliers on 10m.
Overall my multiplier count on 10m and 15m was much lower than in 2009. It is
hard to know whether to run or S&P from England because the EU005 multiplier is
very common and so when running you are not necessarily picked up by other
island stations for the multiplier. So I adopted a policy of working 200
stations and then going on an S&P multiplier-only trawl through the open bands.
I struggled to work as many multipliers as last year but made up for this by
working more stations. I tried to combine SSB and CW but found that I could run
more successfully on CW and so only worked SSB for new multipliers. The station
was on the edge of the Saltfleetby-Theddlethorpe Dunes nature reserve and
qualifies as GFF-149 for the WFF program.