[3830] IOTA ZF2JT(K9NW) SO12Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jul 29 07:09:27 PDT 2010

                    IOTA Contest

Call: ZF2JT
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: ZF2JT

Class: SO12Mixed LP
QTH: Grand Cayman

   80:    0       0        0       0
   40:   26       8       11       5
   20:  502      57      560      51
   15:   53      11        2       0
   10:    0       0        0       0
Total:  581      76      573      56  Total Score = 868,428

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

IC-746
Various antennas - tnx ZF1EJ!

First time in this contest from an island!  I was quite fortunate to have a
business trip to Grand Cayman the week prior to the contest, and with the most
gracious help from Mr. Andrew Eden, ZF1EJ, I had licensing and station arranged
in very short order.  I just had to schlep my radio and accessories.

It's tough to accumulate all those EU multipliers from this side of the
Atlantic, especially when only one band was really useful during the daytime,
so I tried to make up some of the deficit with QSO volume.  15M was sort of
open to EU at the start but couldn't get any rate going, so I dropped down to
20M where condx to NA were good and were quite good to Asia as well - several
JA stations were louder than the much closer Ws!  It was a 20M event during the
day - mostly working NA until mid-afternoon when condx picked up nicely to EU.
I took an hour off mid-day to grab a bite and to save a little evening
operating time for 40M before I had to pack up.  My travel logistics dictated
that I shut down around 0100z.

Have to do this island thing again.....great fun!

Thanks for the QSOs!

73, Mike K9NW / ZF2JT