[3830] WPX CW NV1N(N1UR) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Jun 1 03:10:03 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NV1N
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VT

Club: YU Contest Club

Comments:

Theat was definately the worst WPX contest conditions ever experienced from
this QTH in VT.  At 45 deg Lat, Ks of 4 and SFIs of 74 are not a good mix.  EU
was very difficult almost all the time from here.  Especially northern and
central EU.  No JA even heard, let alone worked.

I worked the second radio hard, probably 75% of the time, and that did
supplement the EU mix a bit but didn't make the rate go up too much.

Congrats to all who dug deep and stuck it out in this one.

Congrats to N5DX for an impressive win from Texas.  And to WJ9B and W3EF who
were crankin em out and keeping me "in the game".

Ed  N1UR