[3830] WPX CW AA8IA SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Jun 1 10:57:27 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Toronto, Ohio
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

My first contest in a long time.  I'm just a casual contest/QSO party
participant.   Very little was heard from Europe or CA, both very atypical from
my location.   Worked predominantly NA/SA with a little bit of Carib thrown in.

Just got my modest station (FT-100 + 40m dipole) set up in the nick of time
after having mothballed it after a move two years ago.  Was still working out
the little things like CAT control, keying integration in N1MM, etc.

I still couldn't convince myself to CQ, so it was S&P all the way.

I had a great time.   I think I learned quite a few things about what I can do
to be more efficient for the next contest.   Thank you to all of the stations
that worked me.