[3830] WPX CW W3EF SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Jun 1 15:24:50 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W3EF
Operator(s): W3EF
Station: W3EF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MD

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

AWFUL conditions.  Definitely the worst I have ever experienced from any QTH.
EU was very difficult almost all the time from here  - maybe 2 good hours on 40
and 1 on 20; working 'em on 40 was like 80, and 20 was like 40 -- except neither
was really open.  Mostly western EU, though I did get one OX and one TF.  Only
Asia were 4X, 5B4, TA and UA9; only Africa were EA8, EA9, CN and 3V.
Fortunately there was a near-constant smattering of SA and Caribbean on 10M to
boost the score a little.  But what a slog!

To top it all off, the British Airways strike meant my Monday night flight was
cancelled, so I had to go Sunday, which meant zero decompression time; I headed
to the airport the minute the contest ended and am writing this from HB9.

Congrats to N5DX for an impressive win from Arizona.  And to N1UR (NV1N) who,
in his own words, was "crankin 'em out and keeping me 'in the game' ;-) ."

73 and thanks to all,

Maury W3EF