[3830] WPX CW OV3X(OZ8AE) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jun 3 01:07:03 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OV3X
Operator(s): OZ8AE
Station: OV3X

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Virum
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Danish DX Group

Comments:

IC-775DSP TH3MK4 at 11 meters, Carolina Windom in quite another configuration
and it didn't work as usual. Normally I have no problems working JA and US but
this time only a few US and NONE Ja on 80 and 40 meters. When CW is in a beam
configuration with 10 meters of the long end vertical it works like a dream.
Condx last 3 days before the contest were good but during the weekend condx
went down. Hard to work 6 points and I am down 500000-600000 points compared to
what I normally work. - Is it so hard to write QRL? before making a CQ and
making a pile up. YES - for most of the stations it is difficult. - Having
worked 30 mins on 80 meters and wupti OM8AA just jumped in and continued the
pile up with a massive signal. QSYed to 40 meter and after 20 minus - Wupti -
OM8AA just jumped in and took over the frequency. - This is absolute not good
operation skills. - Apart from that and the bad condx I do hope all of You had
a hard but a good weekend - 73 Joergen OV3X