[3830] ARRL June VHF K9CT Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 13 20:36:39 PDT 2010

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

    6:  489   195
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  550   224  Total Score = 123,200

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was not exactly as planned....I wanted to be on 6 through 1.2 but Murphy
had other ideas. So when it was obvious that time was running short, I just
jumped into the fray with two bands operating. But Mother Nature had other
plans....four storm breaks..lower towers and disconnect antennas. It was only a
year ago that I lost all of the VHF antennas in a freak wind storm right after
June VHF.

Anyhow, 6 was up and down. I ran two antennas and wish I had three on line. The
band moved around quite quickly. It was fun just watching conditions change. We
had an opening to the east coast on Monday 0000Z that was fantastic for exactly
30 minutes...and then absolutely nothing. The bandscope was flat. You had to be
in the chair or you would miss the short opening to the DM30s and 40s just a
bit earlier.

Thanks to all of the activity, I picked up several new grids for the FFMA.
Also, thanks to the many portable and rover stations that venture to some of
the rarer grids.

Lots of CW and many familiar contesters are getting in this contest. Good
operating everywhere. A good place for new contesters to mingle with
experienced ops.

M2 6M9KHW and SteppIR DB36 to a StackMatch. IC-7800/IC7700 plus Demi xvtr to
Lunar Link amplifiers for 6 and 2.  M2 17el on 2m.

Next up Field Day! 73, Craig K9CT