[3830] ARRL June VHF K9TM Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 14 11:29:30 PDT 2010

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K9TM
Operator(s): K9TM
Station: K9TM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  406   143
    2:   50    20
  222:   12     7
  432:   17     8
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  485   178  Total Score = 91,492

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Managed to finish the complete station rebuild to get the bottom four working
just in time.  After all the challenges (issues) getting this pulled together I
was hoping for some decent propogation but holding my breath... and it was
better than expected on 6m.  I have tremendous amounts of noise on VHF/UHF.  A
pretty constant S7+ noise.  It seems my next challenge is to get my neighbors
to clean up their RFI acts.

 50 - K3 + 500w to 5el @ 65'
144 - K3+elecraft xvrt + 700w to 9 el @ 68'
222 - K3+elecraft xvrt + 100w to 15 el @ 70'
432 - K3+elecraft xvrt + 100w to 28 el @ 72'

Seems I need either the crystal oven or high performance oscillator for 432 as
that xvrt drifts all over the place and not just a little.  Other than that,
all worked FB.

Going from zero to nearly 150 grids on 6m in one weekend (from Ohio) was fun.

Thanks for all the Q's and hope to hear you in the next one.