[3830] ARRL June VHF VE2DWA(LU7DW) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Jun 15 20:09:53 PDT 2010

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: VE2DWA
Operator(s): LU7DW
Station: VE2DWA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN25bk
Operating Time (hrs): <5

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  121    65  Total Score = 7,865

Equipment Description: Icom IC-551D (40 watts), 5 elements H-B Yagi @ 50 feet,
J-38 Key

PC: Pentium 1 166MHz DOS 6.2 w/CT 10.04.

Comments:

I've operated with an old, very noisy and little deaf IC-551D.

It was a very part time operation, but I have lot of fun during the time I was
in the air, W0EEA (DM79) was the most western station worked, but I'm sure the
band was more farther open to the west. I've worked 10 new grids and C6 was a
new one for my DXCC; as the radio haven't electronic keyer, I used my more than
60 year old J-38 straight key for my CW QSOs.

I hope to be more active in 6 meter from now working the  VUCC. Anyway as there
was more than 10 stations on the air from FN25, this grid was very well
represented in the contest.

73, Claudio LU7DW-VE2DWA-VE3AP