[3830] ARRL June VHF VE3SMA/R Rover LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jun 18 06:46:04 PDT 2010

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: VE3SMA/R
Operator(s): VE3SMA
Station: VE3SMA/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: Ontario
Operating Time (hrs):

  903:   13     8
  1.2:   23     8
  2.3:   18     8
  3.4:   17     8
  5.7:    9     7
  10G:   13     7
  24G:   10     7
-------------------
Total:  311   144  Total Score = 103,435

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Score includes 7 QSOs in 7 grids using lasers, plus 7 grids visited (for a total
multiplier of 151).

Well, that was interesting.  The front end in my 6m transverter failed right
near the start of the contest, so I was extremely deaf (probably 40 dB or so
worse than normal)....congratulations to anyone who was loud enough for me to
hear!  Especially amazing were the two double hop stations I worked - N7CW and
XE2K.  I think I probably lost a lot of score due to that problem, considering
how good 6m was.  Also had temporary problems with equipment on 903, 3456 and
10 GHz which cost me some time.

Microwave activity from those parts of the USA close enough to work without any
real tropo seemed low and I had very few opportunities to attempt cross-border
QSOs on 903 and above.  The only American station worked above 432 was WA2FGK.

But I still had fun and ended up with a raw score a bit better than last
year's, thanks to ekeing out a few more multipliers.

73,
Steve VE3SMA