[3830] ARRL June VHF K9GY/R Limited Rover QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 20 12:44:20 PDT 2010

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K9GY/R
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Limited Rover QRP
QTH: Rover IL

  222:   18     6
  432:   19     6
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  228    83  Total Score = 21,995

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

A little rainy on/off during the contest makes it different for rovers who setup
at each location. Used the XYL's SUV this time since my rover equip is growing.

EN51 = Greene Valley Forest Preserve (Naperville, IL): First time at this QTH.
What great views from about 900-1000 ft ASL. Got a late start (began 1914z)
Operated 2.5 hrs before getting shagged off the hill by rangers worried about
thunder/rain. Made 41 Qs mainly on 6m. Only open from 11a-6p so that limits
opportunities for this location.

EN52 = Business parking garage south of Woodfield Mall near Schaumburg, IL.
Setup here after getting shagged from Alexian Brothers Medical Center parking
garage by security guard while setting up. Total op time 6.5 hrs. Slept here
overnight...got a little cooler weather than I expected. Made 104 Qs again
mainly 6m.

EN62 = Parking garage of Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, IL.
Had a great 6m opening to East coast which was a lot of fun. Operated for 5
hrs. Made 86 Qs.

EN61 = Home grid but never operated since I needed to unpack SUV and prepare
for Monday etc.

Equip:
Yaesu FT-817 (5 watts)
Elecraft XV222 transverter (10-15 watts)
Horizontal 6m dipole (two six meter car whips)
Arrow 4L 2m beam
Homemade WA5VJB 6L 222 beam
Homemade WA5VJB 6L 432 beam
Surplus fiberglass interlocking poles