[3830] All Asian CW W1UE(@K1TTT) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 21 10:32:15 PDT 2010

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: K1TTT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MA

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   16    15
   20:  273   117
   15:   84    54
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  373   186  Total Score = 69,378

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This is a tough contest from the East Coast.  In 4 years of doing this one
seriously, I have yet to work a station on 160, 80, or 10M.  I could see the
activity on all 3 bands, but none of it was at a time that I had propagation to
the area.  Even 40M was hot, but before I had any propagation.  By the time I
could hear the JA stations on 40M, most of them had gone to the higher bands.

JK1YMM, JE1CKA, and JA7NVF were like beacons on 15M- I could hear them loudly
for probably 4 hours each day.  One call from me would produce a QSO, but then
I would CQ on 15M and never work another station.  That's the thing about being
on the other side of the world from most of Asia- I only have propagation from
here for a few hours each day on all bands except 20M, and if its better
strategy for a station there to be on another band at that time, no QSO is
made.

Still, a very enjoyable contest.  Did get to work 22 different Asian countries,
many of them more than once.  Thanks for everyone for the Qs, and thanks to Dave
K1TTT for the use of his KB station.

Rigs:  1000MP x 2
Amps: Acom 2000 and HF2500
SO2R Controller: YCCC SO2R Box
Ant: 40M 4/4 at 45/18M
20M: 4/4/4/4 at 38/30/23/15M, middle 2 fixed EU
15M: 4/4/4/4 at 30/231510M, middle 2 fixed EU

Dennis W1UE