[3830] All Asian CW OH8X(JK3GAD) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Jun 23 05:33:32 PDT 2010

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: OH8X
Operator(s): JK3GAD
Station: OH8X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Arkala, Finland
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   11     9
   20:  604   163
   15:  302   124
Total: 1207   453  Total Score = 632,388

I arrived OH8X station on Wednesday and stayed there to learn station setup.
First of all, 160/80 tower is huge, everything else seems VHF antenna. On
Friday, I climbed 160m 3ele/80m 5 ele tower (100mH). It was not difficult to go
up. Only thing annoyed me is a lot of mosquitoes. They followed me all the way
up and bite me while I was walking on 80m boom. Structure is very solid and I
did not feel any vibration but slightly on the edge of 80m boom. Nice view from
the top, everything is green. Now do I need to do this during winter to see
everything is white?

It is bright during the evening so I did not expect good propagation on 160 and
80. 10 was tough band as OH8X is far North to get nice Es propagation but had
nice opening to JA on Sunday. 15 was open on Sunday morning towards end of the
contest but not so many JAs as they need to prepare for work on Monday.....

Overall, I really enjoyed this station and contest. Thanks to all who worked
me. Big thanks to Radio Arcala members for allowing me to use OH8X station.

See you all in Friedrishshafen and WRTC2010, then on the air in SSB part of All
Asian DX contest!

73 de Kazu  JK3GAD/M0CFW