[3830] NCQP K2DSL SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 1 06:47:20 PST 2010

                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: K2DSL
Operator(s): K2DSL
Station: K2DSL

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Waldwick, NJ
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   23     17
   40:   26     10
--------------------
Total:   49     27  Mults = 46  Total Score = 7,314

Club: Bergen Amateur Radio Association

Comments:

On Saturday I participated in the NA RTTY QSO Party and hadn’t planned to do
much operating on Sunday. I had a couple of computers dropped off by friends to
work on to clean up some viruses that they had. Well while running through
cleaning them up, I often have to wait while things run. I got on the air and
heard some NC stations so I started to log them. In the end I ended up with 76
contacts during a part time effort.

I was surprised to see that NC has 100 counties. That is a pretty large number
of counties. I ended up logging a contact in 46 of the 100 counties in no short
part due to the very impressive efforts of a couple of mobile stations including
AA4XX, N4C, N5WR & NY4N. Those stations put some serious miles on their vehicles
during the contest.

Thanks for the contacts and the nice signal reports I received during the SSB
contacts. Kenwood TS-2000 / 100w / G5RV