[3830] NCQP W4UCZ SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 1 06:57:46 PST 2010

                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: W4UCZ
Operator(s): W4UCZ
Station: W4UCZ

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Atlanta GA

--------------------
Total:  112     0  Mults = 83  Total Score = 27,938

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

What an immensely enjoyable Sunday afternoon!  The state was crawling with
mobiles to "puppy dog" with very little overlap in their routes.  The mobiles
accounted for 80 of my 112 QSO's.  My special thanks to :

NY4N (21), AC4XX (19), N4C (15), N5WR (10), W4HIA (7), KC3X (5) and N4MIO (3).

As a result of the sensational coverage I was able to log a mind-boggling
83 counties - my best-ever showing in a state party other than Texas.  As
always, there were some strange MIA's : Cumberland and Durham counties - their
5th and 6th largest in population.

Score includes 50 points for Cherokee county.  Never heard Dare or the two
special stations.  The entry is in the "SO Mixed" class even though all Q's
were made on CW.  Since there was a "SO SSB" category this year, how 'bout
a seperate "SO CW" next time - just for us non-verbal CW types.

My S-meter melting signal was produced by a barefoot K3 into a 55' random
wire 10' off the ground.  The silly antenna probably NVIS'ed into NC.

Thanks to the Forsyth guys and to all the great ops for the barrel o' fun.

73,
Mark, W4UCZ