[3830] NAQP RTTY WA6L Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 1 09:53:17 PST 2010

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: WA6L
Operator(s): WA6L
Station: WA6L

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alpine, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6:00

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  305   104  Total Score = 31,720

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I am actually starting to look forward to these rainy Saturdays.  They give me
the chance to spend quality time with my radios.

I was able to dedicate about 6 hours to the contest, all of them framed around
an evening with the XYL, the fireplace, and Netflix.  So I got the benefit of
the great opening on 15M, but missed out on most of the 40M time.  Contrary to
what others have said, I found 80 meters to be HUGE during the last hour or so
of the contest.  I never heard a thing on 10M, though I called CQ for 10
minutes or so on three occasions.

I had a nice run on 15 and a decent one on 20.  Strangely, on 80M I could reach
every station that I called, but nobody was answering my CQ.

All and all it was a fun time!

John, WA6L