[3830] NCQP W4APP(@WK4P) Club SSB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 1 14:22:02 PST 2010

                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: W4APP
Operator(s): KD4SM, KD4UKT, WK4P, FREYJA (OUR DOBERMAN PINSCHER MASCOT)
Station: WK4P

Class: Club SSB LP
QTH: Ashe

   80:          86
   40:          69
   20:         168
   15:           3
   10:           3
--------------------
Total:   0     329  Mults = 79  Total Score = 52,032

Club: Appalachian Contesters

Comments:

Mulitple snowsotrms hitting the NC mountains this winter forced the cancellation
of our tri-countyline effort.

Activity in the new SSB Only categories seemed very low. Only one New England
contact. No IL. No in-state SSB mobiles. 20 seemed to be our band of choice and
TX and CA dominate our log. It was nice to work 39 states and 4 provinces.

The club category only allows for one transmitted signal at a time with
unlimited band changes, thus allowing a band change with every call. This
proved tough as we tried to call on 2 bands, one op calling while one listened.
Since the listening times were a bit longer than normal oftentimes a station
would move onto our frequency. Not once did I hear anyone ask if the frequency
was in use. But then we all know that contesting is a contact sport.

Thanks to all who worked us. We had fun and finished tired. Hopefully the
weather will cooperate next year and we can run our portable or mobile
operation as we have planned for the past two years.