[3830] CQ160 SSB NI5T(@N5BG) Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 1 18:35:55 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: NI5T
Operator(s): N5BG, N7AM, W5CF
Station: N5BG

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NM

Total:  QSOs = 609  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 14  Total Score = 100,188

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Weather was favorable, No lightning this year. Noise level was great for this
contest. Our CQ 160 CW contest last month was hampered by an electrical NOISE
problem about 6 miles away which was ARCING and looked like a welding
operation. Power company fixed this after we took them by hand and showed the
problem to them. We missed our chief operator Milt N5IA as he wanted to
experience DX from the other end of the country. K1U in Maine was his project.
We are all looking forward to a larger TX antenna installation here by next
year. Only a single vertical. We do quite well with 16 Beverage antennas for
receiving. And our main competition in NM had a full FOUR SQUARE. As they say
NEXT YEAR.