[3830] CQ160 SSB G3UEG Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 2 13:30:47 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: G3UEG
Operator(s): G3UEG,  G3SVL
Station: G3UEG

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Ipswich

Total:  QSOs = 617  State/Prov = 27  Countries = 63  Total Score = 302,760

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Managed to achieve our best-ever score despite what I would describe as average
conditions, we were never able to get a run going to North America.  First NA
contact was when we were called by W4MYA at 01.52 0n Saturday morning, but the
second night we were called by VE1ZZ at 22.00.

We had a new rx only 4-sq, but there was a big noise source to the west of us
so we did have difficulty hearing the weaker NA stations.  Other than this
noise problem the 4-sq worked fantastically well. The weather was very wet here
so that may have made things worse.

TX antenna   60ft inverted-L
RX antennas  K7TJR RX 4-sq and Wellbrook RX loop
FT1000MP

Great contest as always.

73,
Dave, G3UEG