[3830] CQ160 SSB CR2X Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Mar 3 10:35:01 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: CR2X
Operator(s): OH2BH, OH2PM
Station: CR2X

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Azores

Total:  QSOs = 987  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 73  Total Score = 913,756

CQWW 160M SSB CONTEST POST FESTUM

Never before had a 160M vertical been erected and re-erected so many times,
and never before had it come down just as many times. Never before had so
much effort, money and time gone into one antenna, and never before had so
many engineering calculations proved to be seriously wrong for wind
survival. Never before had so grave miscalculations been experienced with
Atlantic wind forces. Never before had a highly expected operation been
conducted with so little, both emotionally and technically. At the last
minute, only a watery dipole was hoisted!

But never before had a World Record been achieved with the above script and
emotions, blessed with only fair radio conditions.

And in the end, was it fun? You bet!

Thanks to Pertti, OH2PM for joining me for this winning misadventure. One
different kind of scalp under our belts. Needless to say, new calculations
are underway - by a new engineering team. And the wreckage still lies on the
battlefield.

See you in the ARRL DX Contest.

Martti, OH2BH/CU2KG