[3830] ARRLDX SSB KU8E SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 7 16:31:58 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA

   10:   37     9
-------------------
Total:  760   286  Total Score = 652,080

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

IC756PRO, AL811H - on loan from K4BAI (500 watts)
Center fed zepp @ 50 feet, 160 meter Inverted L with four 130 ft radials

Pretty pleased with the score considering I'm using just simple wire antennas.
It was frustrating at times to have stations CQ in my face but got over that
and still had some fun. Is it me or were there a lot of stations who didn't
sign their call for a long time ?  I think that should be required for every
QSO.

I wish a big tower and beams were in my future but they probably aren't... Too
many other things are getting in the way. I have some ideas for some wire beam
antennas to hang up in the trees this Spring.

It sure was fun the run some EU split on 40 meters on Saturday morning. First
time I have ever done that from home. The EU opening on 160 meters Sunday
morning was also very good. I even broke some pileups and worked a few new
ones.

Until next time....  Jeff KU8E