[3830] ARRLDX SSB W3DQ M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 7 17:06:32 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): K2PS, W2CDO, W3DQ
Station: W3DQ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  762   291  Total Score = 665,226

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We had hoped to have another great effort, but poor conditions and being a
little pistol in a big pond worked against us. And too, Murphy paid us a visit
or two.

Pete (K2PS) and Peter (W2CDO) did the heavy lifting while yours truly (W3DQ)
attended to many unrelated issues that sapped his enthusiasm for this contest.
As the saying goes, if it isn't fun, don't do it. Pete

Band conditions were definitely worse than than for the CW 'test. Skip was
long. Many of the loud ones we heard were working folks to our west or north,
but not us. Not fun. Couldn't run at all. Instead we were passed from band to
band by many, which is a fun experience in and of itself. We did work 4
stations on all 6 bands: HI3K, P40N, TI5N and VP5H.

In the end, the results were not what we had hoped for or expected.

See you in the next one!

Eric W3DQ (for Team DC: W2CDO and K2PS).
Washington, DC

Station:
Rig: TT Orion
Amp: Hercules II (500w)