[3830] ARRLDX SSB N1DC SOSB/15 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 7 17:12:46 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Braintree MA

Total:  156    55  Total Score = 25,740

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Very limited hours for this contest due to family activities. Decided to do a
single band 15M entry. Conditions on Saturday were better than Sunday.  I
expected to have a nice sunrise opening to EU Sunday morning like the CW
contest. I could not hear WWV on 20MHz and new it was going to be rough.
Conditions were horrible until after 1500 UTC here. I missed many normally easy
multipliers. No DL, PA or F stations in the log for the first time in more than
25 years. I did have a pipeline into Italy. Strange EU propagation.

Much better results into South America and the Caribbean.

Station:  TenTec Omni 7 100W,  Heil Pro-Set Plus   Antenna:  4 element @35ft

Thanks for the QSO's.

Rick  N1DC  Braintree,MA (EMA)   ARRL Life Member    member YCCC