[3830] ARRLDX SSB VA3DF SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 7 17:38:51 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
   10:   10     9
-------------------
Total:  528   190  Total Score = 300,960

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

ARRL DX SSB is always a toughie for qrp stations and the 2010 version was no
different! However, I got a jump on things Friday night by taking advantage of
the good conditions on the low bands. Got a couple of hours of sleep and hit 20
and 15 on Saturday  morning. Last year's score was an all time high for me but
it was history as of 2200 Z. Sunday was just great, many qsos and lots of DX.
High point of the weekend had to be working Thailand on Sunday morning! Even
managed to catch an small opening to SA and the Caribbean on 10 m.

Bottom line - new high total for qsos and score in this contest!

As usual, it's a jungle out there when you run qrp!

73,

Doug
VA3DF