[3830] ARRLDX SSB AA4LR SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 7 18:03:58 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: GA

  160:    0     0
   80:    7     7
   10:   13     3
-------------------
Total:  136    63  Total Score = 25,704

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:

Cushcraft A3S/A743 at 15m (40-10m)
Trap dipole at 12m (80m, 40m)

Equipment:

Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100

Comments:

Contest started with my radio in pieces on my desk. I had gotten the VCO
stability mod as well as the second KPA100 update kit. While I had it all open,
I also did a couple of modes to the audio section and one to the KNB2. After
that, I had to do a CAL PLL as well as CAL FIL to re-align all the filters. By
late Saturday, I got on 80m briefly and worked a few stations.

Managed to get on for the last three hours of the contest. Conditions seemed to
be modestly good. Great propagation to central and south america late in the
day.