[3830] ARRLDX SSB N1FD M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 7 19:25:05 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1FD
Operator(s): WB1ADR KA1ARB
Station: N1FD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NH

   20:  667   103
   15:  307    79
   10:    8     3
-------------------
Total: 1851   384  Total Score = 2,132,352

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Our highest score yet in ARRL DX SSB, beating our score last year by  50%
40m was our power band this year, antenna improvements gave us higher scores on
160 and 80, and Mr. Sun gave us a higher score on 15,

This year we decided to revert to our old style of building new station
upgrades in the 48 hours prior to the contest. A completed 2x6 antenna switch
enabled WB1ADR's first foray into 2 radio operation, which then enabled the
frying of the recently acquired 2nd radio on Saturday morning.

Our rate was pretty poor for the first 4 hours as we warmed up with S&P only.
80 and 160 were incredibly quiet Friday night but opened late Saturday night.
We were thrilled to begin working Europe at 3pm Saturday on 40m, which treated
us to a run of three consecutive 100 Q hours.

We manged to keep BIC for more hours this year as Rob KA1ARB got up at 4:30 am
local so we didn't miss the 20m EU run on Sunday am like we did last year.  Lee
WB1ADR was content to get called by HS0 and BD1 during his 20m run on Saturday.

Thanks to YCCC and PVRC for all the support. 2010 will be tough to top but we
are all in for next year.