[3830] ARRLDX SSB KL7RA M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 8 05:01:59 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL7IF AL2F KA2NCN KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: ALASKA

   40: 1014    56
   20: 2479    62
   15: 1378    53
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 5831   278  Total Score = 4,828,026

Missed a state/province sweep on 20 meters by just one this year after the
rare VY0, Nunavut called in. Couldn't find any Labrador province stations
above 14150. Well, maybe next year we can hit the magic number 63.

Bands were mostly poor and somewhat noisy for us the second day and we couldn't

bust the 28 MHz wall for prop. Never left that position open and never stopped
tuning but for all our effort, zero Q's. Even gave up a run band to cycle F1
but no joy this weekend.

No equipment problems and I probably will leave everything as is for the WPX
phone. We will have a good team for that weekend. Thanks to Wigi, AL7IF giving
up a "working" weekend to come down to play radio. Also thanks to Kris up from
Anchor Point and Dave, KA1NCN our super Alaskan speed talker for flying down
from Bethel. And no, I will not do anything to slow him down. We even keep this
going by feeding  him M&M's, sugar pops and real Alaskan fireweed honey. There
is some worry when the relief op takes over with our more normal very slow "CQ
(pause) Contest (pause)" the pile will go away or we lose the freq. Dave
doesn't lose his freq too often.

73 Rich KL7RA