[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3HG SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 8 05:24:03 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3HG
Operator(s): VE3HG
Station: VE3HG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    3     3
Total:  901   254  Total Score = 686,562

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Best conditions in a decade? Pile ups running on 40, 20 and even 15. Biggest
surprise working three HS0 stations long path while running on 20 both
mornings. All over S9 and by the third time on Sunday I was so surprised I
confirmed the ops location as Bangkok. Seems I've now got an issue with the
SB-220 on 15 (SWR up with amp on) but no surprise as running full out. 756 rig
into Explorer, Butternut, sloper and R5 (which made working the Caribbean
really easy without having to rotate the beam from running JAs and Pacific rim.
Lots of fun and good to see 14.100 to 14.150 filled with CCO members and other
VEs.