[3830] ARRLDX SSB CW5W(@CX6VM) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 8 05:46:34 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: CW5W
Operator(s): N3BNA, CX4VA, CX5TR, CX6VM
Station: CX6VM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: El Mangrullo

   15: 1812    60
Total: 3965   272  Total Score = 3,235,440

Club: FRC & RCU

Comments:

This was a wonderful oportunity to have my friend Dale N3BNA at home again.
I prepear the station to be ready before he arrived, but on friday trying to
fix a rotor display problem I cut the 15 mts antenna loop!, do you know what
that means? This was the band that pays off on the number of QSO´s.

Fortunatelly I phoned Luis CX1UI to came on saturday morning to fix it, but he
told me to came friday night with Alan CX5TR that will be operating with us.
Really very crazy but Luis fixed the problem on top of the tower at 01 utc in a
deep night!.

Dale did something that I could´t in the past years, convince my mother to
operate again. She is a ham radio when we was young but in the last 15 years
shw didin´t operate, thanks Dale!!, we have a new operator for the Team.

He have fun, a nice contest great Team, great friends!.

And thanks to my wife Carolina for the support to all the Team!...

73,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W