[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4SVO SOSB/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 8 09:02:50 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4SVO
Operator(s): W4SVO
Station: W4SVO

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: S.FL.

Total:  932    96  Total Score = 268,416

First time operating on 15 meters in this contest, usually do 80 or 160 mtrs.
Also first time from my dad's qth(W4PZV,sk). Condx not as good as two weeks ago
in the cw contest, which I did this band also. Only 12 Q's the first night.
Saturday worked TM6M at 1115z for first European. Then it was 30 mins later to
start the onslaught. Saturday had 538 Q's and 83 countries in the log, but not
many JA's. Sunday morning did not start working Europe until 1245z, but had a
late run around 1800z, working Italian stations, which was 8pm their time, in
complete darkness! After that spent the rest of the day looking for new mults
and stations going up and down the band. Sunday night not much of an opening
into asia, but did hear BX5AA, but he could hardly hear any stateside. Well
until next year. Cu all in two weeks from NQ4I, where we will have a great team
in WPX. Mark, W4SVO