[3830] ARRLDX SSB C6ANM M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 8 17:40:37 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: C6ANM
Operator(s): C6ANM, NE1B, W2AFC
Station: C6ANM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Nassau, Bahamas
Operating Time (hrs):

   20: 1359    63
   15:  453    44
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3761   276  Total Score = 3,106,656

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Had to chop new beverage paths thru jungle after tropical growth this past year.
Used machetes (cutlasses).  Tropical beverages were also locally made. Conch,
grouper, peas and rice fueled our team of 3 ops.  Conditions were excellent on
all bands except 10 meters.  No tropical QRN this contest. On 10 m. we only
heard South America.  We were too close to US.  Best surprises were being
called by VE8 and VY1 on 20 and 15.  Our score was better than last year's 2.6M
despite our minimalist equipment and antennas.

Rig:  IC-7000 and 200 w. amp (Bahamas limited to 250 w.)
Antennas: Inverted-L for 160 and 80, Vertical for 40., A4S for 20/15/10 @ 17'
AGL. See you next year!  C6ANM, C6AWB, C6AKN.