[3830] ARRLDX SSB D4C M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 9 09:07:36 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: D4C
Operator(s): I4UFH, IZ4DPV, IW2MJQ, CT1DVV
Station: D4C

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MONTEVERDE

   40: 1990    60
   20: 2451    61
   15: 3129    62
Total: 8997   316  Total Score = 8,514,936

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Simply a blast !

New antenna arrangement allow us to be ready for the M/2 category. This first
try was a blast ! Unbelievable pileup for over 40 hours, with short slow down
during our morning, despite 40m close late in the morning we always had few
qso's from both band.

10m
Despite the good opening of the previous days, both weekend days was marginal,
take a lot of time to get qso's and managing 26 mults, from east and west
coast. At that location we don't have noise and with the preamplifier ON the
signals were in the noise floor, but completely readable.

15m
The Queen Band ! Saturday the band open early that expected , with good run all
over the afternoon until the sunset, second day even the over 2k qso's of the
first day, the band has been opened until 2300z almost 3 hours over the sunset
with an amazing condition to west coast !

20m
The crowed Band ! Most of the afternoons was spended on this band, condition
was always good but the good run start from the sunset to midnight, so is a
productive band but need an iron men to managing !

40m
Our simple 2 element delta loop has done an amazing job, with the new expanded
band limit, the crowing of the band was extended until 7200, so seems better to
get a clear freq. About 2k qso's were not planned, but despite the fact that we
had moved on 40m only when 15m close these numbers are over our expectation .

80m
Another fine band, we had shared the station with 160m to use only one bvg, and
the time spended in both band was very productive. We are far from the USA in
lower bands, but we managed to work 58 state, loosing SD and AR. Noise was
static both days, also on the beverage, we still need to look for an effective
way to reduce it, but the fun from this band is always insured with the 3
element delta loop.

160m
We was lucky enough to have Max as SO 160 the weekend before, so we had a
complete details how the band sound, open and close at that latitude. As
expected the  noise was high also this weekend, but spending more time has
payed in mult's number, best one was VE7CC in BC. 49 states are near our target
for that band setted at 50.

Murphy visit us a couple of time with 80 m antenna during the night, fixed into
the cloud and fogged night, and with some glitch with computer.

Thank' to everyone worked us, see at the end the month

Fabio I4UFH on of D4C