[3830] ARRLDX SSB N1UR SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Mar 10 03:06:47 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VT

Total: 1680   351  Total Score = 1,756,475

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

As many have said, not nearly the conditions of the CW weekend.
But, still getting beter than last year.  I set out to beat
last year's score (always my goal) and succeeded by roughly 10%.

The 160 - 40 Qs are my personal bests for me for this contest in
SSB.  The 160 - 20 Mults are personal bests as well.  The only
real disappointment for me was 20M.  I never succeeded the the
sustained runs of last year.  I had some good rate many times but
couldn't hold on to the same run frequency long enough.

Very interesting participation. Lots of EU as always, espeecially
from I, DL, PA, UA/UR.  KH6s were everywhere. VKs and JAs.  No ZL,
ZS, or really much of any Africa.  Excellent Carib, Central, and
South America.

20M was in nice shape over the pole.  Worked JAs, UA0s, BX5AA and
JT1CO (my last Q of the contest).  40M was okay over the pole but
not much activity heard (JA and UA0).  Couldn't work JA on 80.

The 160 band was not great in this one. Signals were mostly down
and seemed to get worse over the weekend.

10 was of course 10. I had no expectation of EU and thought the
southern direction was about as expected for the SFI numbers.

I am finally figuring this contest out.  And was very happy with the mult total
for this effort while increasing my Qs.  I find SO2R MUCH harder on SSB than CW
but I am getting better each year.

Thanks for all the Qs and see you in WPX SSB as NV1N.

Ed  N1UR