[3830] ARRLDX SSB PY2SEX SO Unlimited LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Mar 10 15:24:43 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: PY2SEX
Operator(s): PY2SEX
Station: PY2SEX

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Campinas

   80:    1     1
   10:   25     7
-------------------
Total:  661   118  Total Score = 233,994

Club: Rio DX Group

Comments:

Well, this time was just to have fun, no competition. I had a Wedding party on
Saturday Morning and took all day long, so I just back at 00:40 of 2nd day. But
I had to work on Sunday, so more time spent at work and just backed at 19:30
almost at contest ending, but was my best time on contest. hihi.. I started on
15m but my Neighbor start to complain about Internet and TV interference, so I
I start to low the power from 100w to 95w, 90w and finally 85w, when no
Interference faced. I had just 184 QSO (almost 4 hour total operation) before
backed from work, and reach 661 at end of contest. I could do 7 QSO in 1 min.
once, 6 QSO/min twice and growing up. I don't remember the last time I did so
good rate since I'm backed to Ham world, That was great!!

The Phone contest are pretty cool, but is too bad get some freq. to call. I had
2 issues, one with some NA Station that was just 1Kc up me, but with 59+30, was
impossible to continue and at my last day at night, an almost local station
started to call at same freq that I was, I was there around 1 hour and a lot of
station came to talk to me, but sometimes they heard him and generate a huge
confusion and he couldn't hear me, but internet is an amazing thing, I found
him at IM and warned him, he gently leave the QRG. after loose a lot of time
trying to find way to let him know, I backed to the pile-up. Once again no ND
at all as well as SD. I still missing those states to get WAS on each band and
mode.

Thanks a lot to all in my log, for the patience to try understand my English as
well as to repeat the State. Thanks for the jokes with my callsign  (I really
like that, hihiih) I think is more easy when stations saying the whole State
name, I'm so familiar with that and no problem to know what letter belongs to.
:D

Hope to see you all again on WPX

73

PY2SEX - Alex
email: py2sex at gmail.com
MSN: py2sex at live.com
http://www.twitter.coom/py2sex
TPA #170
Rig Yaesu FT-950
Ant. 7 el. Tri-bander (10x15x20)
Ant2 2 el. Yagi (40m)
Ant3 Inverted V Dipole as lower as I can, hihihi (80m)
PWR: 85 watts (10x15x20) and 100w (40m and 80m)