[3830] ARRLDX SSB CR2X(OH2BH) SOSB/40 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Mar 10 23:11:40 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: CR2X
Operator(s): OH2BH
Station: CR2X

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Azores
Operating Time (hrs):

   40: 2699    61
Total: 2699    61  Total Score = 471,957

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Going for European Record but landing at World Record - on business terms the
plan sucks!

Yes, the 40M was to be hot and therefore I had set out to break the EU 40M
record....but little did I know that I would be so badly sandwiched above and
below on that packed band open in all directions at the same time - including
the whole EU yelling across the big water. But when I was approaching the
European mark on Sunday morning, it looked possible even to make a World Record
and put KH7XS to sell his house. That kept me running like mad until the final
bell.

While expressing my happiness of becoming the ARRL DX Contest World Record
holder from European soil, I would like to thank all my QSO partners for
sharing my mission with their slick repeats and patience on a crowded band.
It was your QSOs that made this a fun operating experience that only working
Yankees - not to forget VEs - can provide as it has been for last 50 years
to me. Especially, it was fun to catch those multitudes of Generals just
below 7200!

Let me salute you all in my 50th year of contesting and thank Juha, OH8NC of
Radio Arcala for spending a memorable week with me on the Azores....discussing
the strange case of Tax Director in the city of Mantsala and more...and Jose,
CU2CE and Francisco, CU2DX for their helping hand and friendship.

This completes my third week in a row on the Azores - including a contest each
weekend. Enough of contesting for a while! Or maybe not - see you in WPX!

Martti, OH2BH/CU2KG @ CR2X