[3830] Commonwealth VE1OP Open-12 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 14 05:03:38 PDT 2010

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE1OP
Operator(s): VE1OP
Station: VE1OP

Class: Open-12 HP
QTH: NS

Total:  547  Total Score = 5,455

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

OPEN - 12 Hour...

FT1000MP, AL-811 at 500 watts, Tri-Bander and wires, N1MM Logger.

Things got really slow at the 12 hour mark (0016z for me), so I decided to
stick with the 12 hour-Open class instead of carrying on into the 24 hour
class...

As expected, the majority of QSO's were with G (366) and VE3 (66)...Had a nice
surprise with 4 VU stations calling in within a half hour of each other...A
nice opening to AF on 15 Sat afternoon made things interesting...

Anyone else find 20 and 15 full of atmospheric noise most of the day ?...It
sure was here, sounded like 40/80/160 at times...

Fun contest as always, thanks for the calls...

Scott VE1OP