[3830] WiQP K8MR SO Fixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 14 18:47:44 PDT 2010

                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: Ohio

  160:
   80:   31     19
   40:   71     61
  UHF:
--------------------
Total:  108     80  Mults = 58  Total Score = 17,168.0

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The Wisconsin party is one of my favorites; one of the first of the year, it's a
nice skip distance from Ohio, and they seem to get great activity.  They may
have the best activity per size of the state for any state qso party.

I missed the first two hours, but other than a dinner break did pretty much
full time for the rest. This year I missed a bunch of northern counties - I
guess there needed to be another mobile or two up there.

I recent years I've done pretty well CQing to WI on 40 SSB, but this year it
was hard to find a clear frequency. That's good news: there was short skip, so
the WI guys were working each other. I hope that holds up for other parties
coming up. In particular, I plan to be out mobile in the Michigan QSO Party on
April 17. I hope to see lots of you, from Wisconsin or otherwise, from
somewhere out in the wilds of the lower peninsula.

73  -   Jim   K8MR