[3830] Commonwealth VU2PTT Open-24 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 16 11:35:23 PDT 2010

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VU2PTT
Operator(s): VU2PTT
Station: VU2PTT

Class: Open-24 HP
QTH: Bangalore MK82tx

Total:  408  Total Score = 5,340

Club: VU Contest Group

Comments:

One of Team Asia

I jumped from 4135 points last year to 5340 points now - a big improvement for
my best in BERU to date. I expect some of that gain to be cut when the UBN
comes out - had some bad noise at times which made me ask for several repeats -
thanks guys for the patience.

Conditions were very good compared to last year. At one point I could hear and
work VE on 40, 20 & 15m at the same time. Not always does this happen!

15 was open to VE-land for hours. 20 was not as good as last year with some
additional QRN as well. 40 could have been better and I definitely need to
improve RX capability on 80m. Maybe a bigger score next year :)

Highlight was a long path 15m QSO during my afternoon with VP2MCC - that was
mind boggling, thanks Nick :) I ran out to check where the antenna was
pointed...

Thanks to all for the wonderful QSOs and also to my team mates of Team Asia for
putting in a great effort. See you all next year.

73 de Prasad VU2PTT