[3830] Rus DX VK8PDX SO SSB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 21 05:00:39 PDT 2010

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: VK8PDX
Operator(s): VK8PDX
Station: VK8PDX

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: Alice Springs, NT

  160:   0       0        0         0
   80:   0       0        0         0
   40:   0       0        0         0
   20:   0     130       37        23
   15:   0      65       26        18
   10:   0       0        0         0
Total:   0     195       63        41  Total Score = 129,896

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first Russian DX Contest. I had 3 element mono-banders for 15m and
20m and 100w. 20m was wide open to Europe until 1730 UTC with search and pounce
giving a fairly good rate considering my power and QTH. It was hard once the
band open to USA because the European beams were pointing that way but the band
was in such good shape I could eventually get through. I even had a couple of
little runs. I tried to give the VK multiplier to as many Russians and
Europeans that I could. With this test and ARRL SSB a few weeks back, I have
high hopes for an amazing WPX SSB contest next weekend. So I hope to give you
the semi-rare VK8 multiplier at WPX SSB where I'll be mainly on 15m and 20m. 73