[3830] Rus DX K4ZW SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 21 07:52:50 PDT 2010

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: K4ZW
Operator(s): K4ZW
Station: K4ZW

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0         0         0
   80:   44     0        14         4
   40:   79     0        22         6
   20:  278     3        41        38
   15:   33     0        16         6
   10:    0     0         0         0
Total:  434     3        93        54  Total Score = 365,442

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We began dismantling my station this weekend so the time I put in was kind of a
last hurrah from this QTH.  It sure has served me well over the years.
Antennas for 10, 15, & 160 Meters are down with the others to follow shortly.
Home construction on the new QTH begins this spring.  I have plenty of room for
antennas (17.3 acres) but no specific plans.
  This was going to be a CW only effort until I saw Nodir, EY8MM's youngest son
Zaur EY8CC spotted on 20 SSB.  Went up there and he was S-7 and sounding like a
natural contester, handing the pile-up like a pro!  It was a real pleasure to
be able to work him.  A few minutes later I went back to see if maybe his
brother Zamir, EY8DD might be on.  He wasn't but I came across club station
EY8ZF, which I had a chance to visit during my last trip.  That trusty old
Kenwood TS-520SE sounded just fine!  I also came across Naran, JT1BV operating
as JU1DX so that was SSB QSO #3.

73
Ken K4ZW