[3830] Rus DX OH4A M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 21 13:15:41 PDT 2010

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH6KZP OH6LI
Station: OH4A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Kisko

  160:   262     99      49        61
   80:   293    310      60        62
   40:   314    362      80        71
   20:   318    406      90        72
   15:    93    199      92        51
   10:    18      2      10         8
Total:  1298   1378     381       325  Total Score = 12,372,650

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

We set a target to break the national record in the M/S category and eventually
succeeded. The propagation was generally ok, although our pre-contest
experiences on 10m and 15m promised better things for the high bands. In fact,
one of our slogans for this weekend's effort was that "we don't need no
propagation!", an attitude born of many pain-filled contest experiences in the
non-favored north ....

There were only two of us for the M/S entry, but we managed to stay awake, and
even the multiplier radio was manned at least 95% of the time. We worked hard
on the multiplier total and were happy to exceed our target. We also got to
practice some Russian language when calling CQ and giving the contest
exchanges; we hope that our Russian friends were forgiving of our Finnish
accents :)

The station worked well, with the only equipment problem related to the
direction displays of the antenna towers. Thanks to Jukka OH6LI for another
interesting weekend at his station, and see you all next weekend in WPX SSB
from OH4A and OH0V!

73
Kim OH6KZP