[3830] VaQP W4PM SOAB/CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 21 18:36:19 PDT 2010

                    Virginia QSO Party

Call: W4PM
Operator(s): W4PM
Station: W4PM

Class: SOAB/CW HP
QTH: Hanover (HAN)

  UHF:    0
----------------------------
Total:  478     0       0  Mults = 119  Total Score = 117,358

Club: Central Virginia Contest Club

Comments:

RIG: Omni 7, ALS-600 400 watts
Antenna: 176' CF at 60'

With OK and ND QSO parties, as well RDXC and RTTY contest things got a bit
crowded at times.  We need more weekends.  We also need more CW ops
participating in this QSO party!

Propagation was OK but in a limited interest event like a QSO party things can
get real slow at times especially if you are CW only. A wire in the trees for
an antenna doesn't help much on the higher bands either. I swear at times I saw
the grass growing faster than my QSO rate.

Not many folks got on 160 or else I missed them.  I had 25 160 Qs last year
versus 3 this year.   I didn't work near as many /M stations in the state this
year.  A special thanks to Stan K4UK/M for 13 Qs of which 9 were new
multipliers. Also thanks to the number of CVCC, PVRC, FOC, and CWOps members
who gave me support by answering my CQs.

I was disappointed my QSO total and score was down from last year.  I looked at
the stats and I had 3 hours less chair time this year.  I had 63 fewer Qs so
that 3 hours might have made up the difference. Oh well, there's always next
year.

Thanks to all for the Qs.

73,
Puck W4PM