[3830] Rus DX DM3F(DH5FS) SO Mixed QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 22 03:46:29 PDT 2010

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: DM3F
Operator(s): DH5FS
Station: DM3F

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: JO61ub
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:   42    250       63        77  Total Score = 295,260

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

One of the best SW contests of the year. It started with log problems with
WT3.27.1 which
did not accept Oblasts names. I lost 1h of operating time trough that until i
made a downgrade
to v3.25.1 which worked. Later I learned that there exists a nightly version of
v3.27, which
doesnt have this problem. I was using a 10.3m wire vertical with a 1:9 UNUN
some coax in between
and a ATU from LDG. This setup was running very well on the high bands despite
running 5W only
from a FT897. The antenna is 30m high on top of a building in the middle of the
city (lots of noise
on the lower bands).
The FT897's RX was heavily loaded by all the CW signals which are in the
passband of the roofing
filter even with 10dB attenuation and 300HZ IF filter. The performance on the
lower bands was not
satisfying there i need to improve my antenna. I will try a top load next time.
Congrats to OZ5E
who could hear my poor signal on 160m.

73 Fred