[3830] BARTG VE4EAR SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 22 08:34:16 PDT 2010

                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

   80:   28       2         11
   40:  140      16         16
   20:  407      53         24
   15:   90      35          8
   10:    1       1          0
-----------------------------------
Total:  666     107         56  Continents = 6  Total Score = 663,336

Missed Friday night, the first 9 hours, and then Sunday morning du to other
obligations.

Conditions on Saturday were less than stellar on any of the bands. 15m did not
open to EU Saturday until very late in the afternoon local, well past sunset in
EU. Signals were quite strong but with lots of QSB. Not a long opening but
welcome all the same. Only heard stations in zones 15 and 20. No JA or other
Asian stations on 15m on Saturday.

20m was solid but relatively slow Saturday. the opening to EU in the morning
was weak but improved by late afternoon.

40m Saturday evening was purely a North and South affair with little else.
Saturday morning when I started, VK and Zl were booming.

Sunday was much better on all bands. EU opened on 15m, I missed the 1300 to
1700 time slot so not sure how soon it actually started. Even 20m was better
with much stronger signals.

In the final half hour while running on 40m, I was called by my on only Eu on
40m the whole contest.

You can sure tell that we are moving into a different propagation pattern. It
is the season where we get AS openings on 20m just after local sunrise and
again late in the day. We see strong long path signals on 20m to VK late in the
afternoon. 15m is either hit or miss. Any polar path is iffy which from here is
most of EU and AS.

Looking forward to WPX this coming weekend. Seeing how the bands played may
help upcoming events.

Thanks for the Q's

Ed